February is the month of love – a time for Valentine’s Day and remembering love – emphasizing the importance of love in our lives.
During the month of February, we celebrate love and romance, warmth and happiness. We all need large doses of these right now! Bring your loved one(s) and enjoy a staycation in one of our beautifully renovated suites at the Carleton to celebrate your love!
During the month of February, there is so much to love about Ottawa! The world-famous Rideau Canal Skateway (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) is open for skating in it’s entirety, from downtown to Dow’s Lake. Or if you do not wish to venture that far, try the Rink of Dreams, just a block from the Carleton Suite Hotel.
If you are into skiing or snowboarding, there are SO many options for you in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. From beginner-friendly and challenging cross-country ski trails, to exciting downhill ski and snowboard centres, we have it all!! In the Ottawa region, you can chose from Sir John A Macdonald Winter Trail, which snakes along the Ottawa River, just west of downtown. Or head out to Mooney’ s Bay Ski Centre or the numerous routes along Ottawa’s Greenbelt.
There are SO many local restaurants featuring fantastic romantic dinners for delivery and takeout, that you can enjoy in your suite. Here are just a few that we highly recommend:
- Beckta: 613-238-7063 (Delivers within 6km of the restaurant….luckily they are just one block away)
- Whalesbone: 613-505-4300
- Gitanes: 613-563-0699
- Riviera: 613-233-6262
- Johnny Farina: 613-565-5155
- Métropolitain Brasserie: 613-562-1160
Take advantage from some of our fabulous special offers for a 1 or 2-night staycation in one of our spacious one-bedroom suites.
Here are just some of the activities and experiences available in the region as of Thursday, February 18:
- Winterlude wraps up this weekend on Sunday, February 21. Until then, download the brand-new Winterlude app (search “Winterlude 2021” in the app store) to access all kinds of awesome programming and check out these highlights:
- Tune into Exploring Canada’s Winter Traditions — A national virtual show available online until Sunday, February 21 on the Canadian Heritage YouTube channel to see ice sculptures, Canadian performances, and to discover winter traditions from across Canada, including Ottawa and Gatineau. FREE!
- The BeaverTails Ice Dragon Boat Festival goes virtual with fun online programming, performances, activities, and more until Sunday, February 21. FREE!
- Ottawa Tourism launched Snowfest 613, a virtual contest encouraging locals to make and share snow creations of all kinds to win prizes, now until Sunday, February 21. FREE!
- Head to a newly reopened national museum! The Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, Québec and the Canadian War Museum are open Wednesdays through Sundays; the Canadian Museum of Nature and the National Gallery of Canada are open Thursdays through Sundays; and the Ingenium museums (Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, Canada Aviation and Space Museum, and Canada Science and Technology Museum) open Thursday, February 18 with varying hours of operation. Advanced tickets are required for most museum visits.
- The Bytown Museum’s Beyond Bytown series continues with a virtual talk on Jewish History in Ottawa this Wednesday, February 24.
- Hunt for Hearts continues around Ottawa! Participate in this fun city-wide scavenger hunt organized by Escape Manor and the University of Ottawa Heart Institute until Sunday, February 28.
- There are tons of ways to enjoy ice skating in Ottawa! From gliding down 7.8 kilometres on the Rideau Canal Skateway—the world’s largest outdoor skating rink—to one of the City of Ottawa’s more than 250 outdoor skating rinks (including the Rink of Dreams at Ottawa City Hall and the Lansdowne Skating Court) to skating trails around Ottawa, there is something for everyone and most skating experiences are FREE!
- The Ottawa Art Gallery offers many ways to get artsy at home, while also re-opening to the public on Saturday, February 20! Check out their Winterlude Virtual Happy Hour on Thursday, February 18, Online Creative Workshop on Monday, February 22, the Virtual Opening Reception for Emergent on Tuesday, February 23, and more. FREE!